Friday, October 10, 2008

Extreme Bride AKA "Trash the Dress"

Ok, so I'm headed down to the country to do my first Extreme Bride (Trash the Dress Session)! I'm so excited and so ready for this new wave of photography to finally make it's way down to the south. Trash the Dress dress refers to photographs that contrasts elegant clothing with an environment in which it is completely out of place. A model often wears their wedding dress, and may effectively ruin the dress in the process by getting it wet, dirty or in extreme circumstances tearing or destroying the garment. It may also be done as an additional shoot after the wedding, almost as a declaration that the wedding is done and the dress will not be used again. It is seen as an alternative to storing the dress away, never to be seen again. Yet some brides may not want to totally trash their dress in water or mud, and there are in fact an unlimited number of ways to “step outside the box” with this kind of portraiture. Maybe the bride is only up for walking through fields, along railroad tracks or through abandoned buildings, all of which can work just as well. The risk to the dress is still there, of course, but real damage can be avoided. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Hopefully this will be something I offer daring brides in the future! Let me know what you think and if you would be interested in being an "extreme" bride! Wish me luck...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is very contrasty You should try some soft style photos as well.

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree. I like my portraits to be less artistic and more classic.

Amy P said...

Thanks so much for your comments, however these types of photos are not meant to be soft. They were intended to be artistic. I'm sorry they are not your taste of photography. I really appreciate the honest comments, but if you are going to leave comments that critique my work I would recommend not leaving them anonymously.

Unknown said...

I have read the comments several have posted about your pictures. I found your website through facebook so I decided to look. Your photos are nice but you do add too much of an artsy appeal to them. I used to be a wedding photographer and got out of the business soon after my first was born. I am a mother of 4 and would pay for more classic photos rather than pay for an artistic flare. Hope the advice helps!

Amy P said...

Thanks SO much for you honest comments Christina! I to add more of an edge to my pictures, but I've also had several more formal classic photos. Every photographer has their own style, as do I. I usually ask the parents or subjuests what type of photography they are looking for and almost every one of them has said they love my style and want their pictures to look exactly the way my others look. Everyone has their own taste in pictures. Thanks again so much for taking a look at my photos and leaving me your comment!